Student Career Pathways
DreamCatcher helps facilitate Student Centred Career Development, with assistance from Caregivers and Teaching Staff.
What is DreamCatcher for our Students?
DreamCatcher is an online career development programme. Inspired by youth's zest for technological platforms, desire for speed of delivery and answers NOW!
DreamCatcher is a Student Centred programme, facilitating through - Self Discovery, Exploration and Decision Making
You can equate the functionality of DreamCatcher to Trademe, Facebook or Bebo [remember this?] in terms of providing a structure, speed and flexibility to suit your school's needs.
The system has a logical structure:
- Self Discovery and 'who I am' - the most significant step in career development
- Evaluation and Priorities
Each area can be 'chunked down' into manageable lessons:
- Self Assessment using Key Competencies, Values and Personal Development
- Goal Setting
- Curriculum Vitae development populates directly from student data input
- How to explore career pathway options
- How to do in-depth and specific research including automatic population of data from CareerNZ
- Subject Selection Pathways connected with a Future Focus
- Academic Tracking for own progress and teacher with assistance
Examples of possible ways DreamCatcher can be integrated into the NZ Curriculum:
- Year 9 & 10 - Health
- Year 10 - Social Studies
- Year 11 & 12 English
- Year 13 - 1 Period from our students 'study line' for Term 1
- Transition & Gateway classes
- Study classes
DreamCatcher has been developed to take into consideration a number of Unit Standards students will be able to gain credits. Including: Curriculum Vitae's, Planning for own future, Produce a plan to enhance own learning ..... to name a few. DreamCatcher facilitates All or Part of a possible TEN unit standards.
Invaluable development has grown, from our meager beginnings using a 'basic database' over an ten year period. Through teaching, continual evaluation and listening to our students we believe DreamCatcher has captured the needs of the student using a platform they can relate to and easy enough for us 'digital-immigrants'.
Luck is not an accident but a series of actions YOU have dreamt, created, moulded and acted upon to become YOUR SUCCESS.
DreamCatcher - More Information.
- Features for Students
- Features for Teachers
- What is DreamCatcher?
- What is DreamCatcher for our Students?
- DreamCatcher Badges
DreamCatcher - A Better way to manage your career pathway.
- Online and Accessible from anywhere
- Secure SSL HTTPS connection.
- Subject and Course Selections
- Events and Tasks with Notifications
- Student/Teacher/Caregiver Messaging
- View all features